Thursday, January 24, 2013

The Other Side of Retail

I love watching people shop.  Especially sisters and friends.  They are brutally honest with each other without hurting the other's feelings.  One says something and then they both burst out laughing.  It makes for such a fun day in the store. 

The other day I was watching two women trying things on and getting the other's opinion.  They were in here for about 45 minutes.  Typical friendly banter between the two and again, the honesty.  The one gal came up to check out and the other was still right there, advising her about how to accessorize one of the outfits.  We finished up her sale and she turned to the other and said, "It was so nice to meet you - have a good day."  I was dumbfounded for a moment.  I honestly thought they knew each other. 

For so long I shopped at the "big box" stores and it was rare to have any kind of conversation with anyone.  Since I opened Absolutely Her, I've seen the other side of retail - the great side of enjoying the atmosphere of smaller shops and meeting women who inspire me in ways they probably never even imagined. 








No comments:

Post a Comment