Tuesday, January 8, 2013

It's All About the Numbers

Do you have someone or many someones in your life that when you think about them, it just makes you smile and your day just gets better?  For me, that happens when I see numbers.  Consignor numbers.  I have those that are memorized and I know exactly who the item belongs to.  Just now I was looking at 1848.  That's Lou.  And then there's 971.  That's Jean.  And 999.  That's Diane.  And I am ever grateful to #57, Kathy.

Consignors and customers are surprised when I call them by name after only having been here maybe once before.  To some it's called customer service, but I think it's about meeting new friends.  I may not always know the name, but I hope I can recognize the face and the smile or maybe it's what they are looking at/looking for or what they are wearing.  That's a great compliment to see it come back through the doors being worn or carried. 

Having come from a profession where I sat in the basement and only saw about 35 people on a regular basis to having a "room with a view" and seeing hundreds (actually thousands) of faces, it makes me appreciate the value of a good equation because it is "all about the numbers".



No comments:

Post a Comment