Tuesday, January 15, 2013

That One Thing

Thrifting has become a new way of living to some, but I've been doing it for a while.  Now it's the anticipation of what I might find and then the great price I'll pay for it.  For me it's about the hunt.  It's become a game of chance.  Right now I know exactly what I am looking for.  It's nothing special to most, but for some reason, I want one.  Do you have that one thing?  I put a quote in the last newsletter..."Somewhere someone is looking for exactly what you have to offer".  

It is fun to hear someone tell me what they are looking for and they "have been to all the stores in the mall" and can't find it.  The fun part?  Many times I can go over to a rack, pull something out of it like a magician and abracadabra...it's "exactly" what they wanted. 

That's what consignment here at Absolutely Her is about.  Not only do we take classic pieces and things that are currently in style, but we like to listen to what our customers are looking for and we keep our eye out when new items come in.  Our "Wish List" feature in the computer system helps us even more.  So if you have that one thing, please let us know so we can help you find it.

And if you're wondering about my "one thing", it's called a quaffer or a double-bubble shot glass.  It could get me into a lot of trouble, but what can I say?  Sometimes I like trouble. 


No comments:

Post a Comment