Thursday, May 2, 2013

The Journey To My Own One Hundred

I bought this book a while back called "The One Hundred...A Guide to the Pieces Every Stylish Woman Must Own" by Nina Garcia.  While I haven't gotten very far, it's funny how one thing reminds me of another.  Earlier in the day I wrote on the chalkboard at the store, "Fashion is what you're offered four times a year.  Style is what YOU pick out of that fashion."  And as I'm reading this book, she says, "Style is a deeply personal expression of who you are, and every time you dress, you are asserting a part of yourself." 

Today my style is pretty casual and reflects the hurried nature of the morning - too much to get done but not enough time to master it all.  Ok, to be honest I think I'm sloppy, but at least I remembered earrings to try to dress it up a little. 

When I go to my closet (which many people think I must have a wardrobe to die for because I own a clothing store - I don't), I spend way too much time standing there trying to figure out what it's going to be that day.  Do I feel confident and want to put on a skirt to show off my new spray tan or do I feel fat, frumpy and pale and want to hide it all or do I just not really know how I feel but I know when I put on those jeans, they will be my answer? 

Clothes seriously can make or break your day.  I hear so many women talk about their size.  And I tell them that it's not about the number, but it's about the fit.  FORGET THE NUMBER, ladies.  I know because owning a consignment store gives me great flexibility in the brands I have.  I am a small, medium, large, and extra-large.  I am a 6, 8, 10, and 12.  And anymore, I don't care.  If it fits and I feel good, it's mine (much to my husband's dismay).

So what's the point and how did I get from what the hundred is according to Nina Garcia to the size?  Well, I figure my one hundred should be whatever makes me feel spectacular and they should be things that can mix and match (kinda like garanimals) to make me feel confident every day.  Stay tuned as I go through this journey to my own One Hundred.

No comments:

Post a Comment