Friday, May 3, 2013

#1 On My Journey

Most would think I was strange to list this as my first item on the One Hundred List of mine, but as I was pondering what it was that was my most "go-to" item, it popped into my head.  I have had this particular item of my wardrobe for so many years - almost eleven now.  It was given to me as a gift and has withstood the harshest and softest of elements.  I can't imagine not wearing it and I hope I never have to.  What I love the most about it is it's simplicity yet it is the most complicated of all things.  There's another one out there, too - not an exact match, but so close.

I don't know if Nina Garcia was thinking about it when she wrote her book (if it's in there, I haven't come across it yet), but she even said that you have to create your own list and not copy hers. 

So, my number one item is my wedding band.  It is so symbolic of any marriage.  Some days, in the right setting, it sparkles and shines - so bright it takes you by surprise.  And other days, well, it may take you by surprise by the wear and tear it shows.  Today it is a bright and shiny object that I am drawn to and can't wait until the work day is over and I can go home to see my husband.  I know that may not be tomorrow, but I can keep doing all I can to see the glitz and to make it his top item as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment