Sunday, May 26, 2013

#7: Resetting the Odometer

I have this sign in my store:  "Some people try to turn back their odometers.  Not me, I want people to know why I look this way.  I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved."  So many have tried to buy it that I've had to put a sticker on it that says it isn't for sale.  It always makes me wonder what their roads were.  How did they get to this place?  Are they happy where they are?  Or do they think they settled and now wish they had gone out of their comfort zone to take the risks?
I know my "roads" were hard, but in other's eyes, they probably see that I have an easy life.  My roads weren't too terribly physically seen, but they are there.  Some days you can see it in my eyes and face, and other days you won't see it all because I won't allow it to be seen.  I think we are all like that. 

If I am completely up front, I really don't want anyone to see the "road maps" on my face.  We call them laugh lines (but they don't really make us laugh after awhile), we call them "elevens" (those silly lines between our eyes) and we see the spots and marks that tell others we are getting older.  My body may be of a certain "over 40" age, but my mind says I'm still in my early 30's.  I am actually shocked some mornings when I wake up and look in the mirror...it's like "what the hell?"

I will admit, I am a user (or former user) of a ton of products on my face.  I kept thinking something will help it and once in a while I would find something that I liked...until my body got used to it and was like ho-hum, here we go again.  I have drawers of stuff and currently a big bag that I pull out every morning and every night (maybe not every one, especially after a margarita or two).  But I've noticed that while I pull the bag out, I'm only looking for a specific few.  And they are my #7's. 

Every woman (and man, even) should have their "go-to" products for skincare.  I honestly used to be a rep for a skin care line.  I loved (and still do) the products.  I think I started out using just about every single one and am down to only the basics.  And believe me, there were probably about 10 I would use.  But those aren't my #7. 

#7 is one bottle of amazingness and actually has done wonders for more than just my (and others) skin as far as helping me get rid of wrinkles - my face looks brighter, is softer and doesn't feel dry any more.  I didn't have to change what I was normally using to wash and moisturize...the moisture is sealed in using Skincerity and that, in turn, helps in so many ways.  Skincerity was originally developed as a drug delivery system through millions of dollars in grants from the National Institutes of Health. During this process, its unique rejuvenation attributes were discovered and has since been awarded numerous patents. And all I do is roll it on at night and wash it off in the morning.  It's one bottle with magical results.  You won't believe the results others have seen.  Well, once you start using it, you'll believe in only 5 days...guaranteed.

How do I know?  I started getting carded again...with surprised looks on the cashier's face when they looked at the year.  I'll take that road any day.


No comments:

Post a Comment