Thursday, July 26, 2012

Memorable Meetings

I realized this morning that people have been put in my path at Absolutely Her to guide me and open up doors I had seen in my "hallway" of life but just walked past. Last Friday I went to my first breakfast meeting with a group of diverse and fabulous women with the MOWBC (Metro Omaha Women's Center) with one of my Tara Plaza partners ic crime, Linda from Unico Insurance. While I was there, I watched her talk about our Time2Drive Teen Safety Expo happening on August 11th. The energy and passion she portrayed was not only fun to watch, but it was contagious. She has put so much of herself into this event not to sell insurance but to truly educate and keep our community safe. The other fun part of the meeting was being a part of their 4-year anniversary celebration. This group of women helps other women find their dreams and celebrate their success. They gave a startup grant to Beka Doolittle Owner of thepinkstore.com which sells Pink items of all kind. How great is that...women helping women succeed! This is definitely an organization to belong to and be proud of. Then, I met a gentleman who unfortunately lost his wife not too long ago. Helping him I realized how daunting of a task it must be to go through her things and decide what to do. And I also realized there is certainly something I can do to help by going to his house and helping him figure out what to consign now, what to hold on to for the next seasons and what to give to charity. By doing that, not only do we save time and energy, but I also receive a lesson about love and family. AND THEN...we have a "gold rush"! I went to a party hosted by some fantastic friends and took some pieces of "ex" jewelry and walked out with $170. There was a lot of screaming taking place when some of the others learned their $ amounts so we are having an event at the store on Thursday, August 8th...just in time for back to school! How fun is that...bring some friends, have a cocktail and food and make some money!

No comments:

Post a Comment