Friday, July 6, 2012

NARTS

So, I woke up early this  morning and did some facebook time, twitter posts and wrote a little something for the blog.  Must not have been completely awake as my blog post didn't take.  Here's take two...

Did you know there is actually a conference for fabulous business owners who have consignment and thrift stores?  It's called NARTS (National Association of Resale and Thrift Stores) and a couple of weeks ago, I went to St. Louis with my sister to attend my second conference (it was the 25th anniversary for NARTS).  In my past life I went to a lot of conferences and seminars where most everyone sits by themselves in classes and doesn't seem to want to share information.  Thankfully that is not the case for this incredible group of men and women (yes, I did say men - much to my husband's surprise).  In every class and every event there were people willing to share ideas, "secrets", and even failures. 

The good thing I learned is we are doing so many things right (thanks to going last year before I opened and with the help of Kim from Boutique Refaire in Peoria, AZ).  But alas, there are things we could be doing better and I have started tackling that list by getting the blog back up and trying out this "twitter" thing. 

I know I couldn't do this without the help of my team - those who help me in the store, the consignors who bring me incredible items and the customers who tell their friends where they found that outfit that is "Absolutely Her"!

Have a fantastic Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment